Sunday, July 11, 2010

Easel Card Madness!

Hi Everyone!
It was a nice quiet 4th around here this year. We hung around the backyard, tried to get Danny into the pool, with no luck I should add, and grilled up some great food. I was able to squeeze some time in for crafting, too! I decided to break out the Gypsy, and explore the new Independence Day Cartridge, along with my "go to" cartridge, Stand and Salute. The Independence Day Holiday also gave me a chance to play with my High Hopes Stamps and my new CC Designs "Honey" Stamp. I decided to make an easel card for Sammy and Patriot, but my measurements went awry, and the card is HUGE!!!!  The card measures 6.5 x 5.5! It did give me lots of room to play... I used the Liberty Bell and the 1776 from Independence Day and the Let Freedom Ring and Stars are from Stand and Salute. The background paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle. I cut the stars and saying with American Crafts Foil Paper. Sammy and Patriot are colored with Copics, and popped off the page.
Here's a close up of Sammy. I just love High Hopes Stamps, they are so easy to color, and stamp so nicely. I cut the Liberty Bell with American Crafts Foil Paper, then dabbed some Ranger Adirondack Ink over it and used a Copic marker to outline the crack. I used Viva Decor for the Gold "Bolts" on the Bell.

Lucky for me, my Mom quickly claimed the card, so there was no need to try to make an envelope to match the monstrosity!

CC Designs Honey "Sailor"

For this card, I used Close To My Heart cardstock with American Crafts Glitter cardstock for the base. I used Basic Grey for the Anchor, which I cut from Stand and Salute. I cut the saying with Calligraphy on AC foil paper. I colored Honey with Copics, She is my first CC design stamp, and I really enjoyed coloring her. I added lots of three dimensional stars that I had in my "bling" box, and curled some red, blue and gold wire around the bottom stars. I hooked the anchor to the card using a Tim Holtz Swivel Clasp. Some ribbon, faux stitching and distressing finished the card. This card was much smaller, 4.5 for the card and base.


Miss Liberty and Belle

The last card I made was High Hopes Miss Liberty and Belle. I went a little different with the background colors and chose some Basic Grey paper from the Mellow collection and for the base, more American Crafts Glitter cardstock. I cut fireworks from Stand and Salute, added stickles, then layered them all around the card. I distressed the papers and rounded the corners. I cut the saying from Stand and Salute with white cardstock, then colored the letters with Copics. I added a little "bling" to her crown with Creative Charms Gradient Jewels. Some crocheted ribbon on the bottom, and buttons to give the ribbon a finished look, were the final touches.

A few months ago, the golf course close to our house was bought by Donald Trump, he renamed it The Trump National Golf Club Philadelphia, and turned it private. I mention this because, Trump, being Trump, had a great fireworks display in the evening. We are close enough, that we were able to see it from on our back deck. It was a great way to end our Holiday weekend. Thanks Mr. Trump!
Here are links for the stamps and card directions.
I ordered the stamps from Stamp and Create. The owner, Lacey is wonderful, she custom ordered Miss Liberty and Belle for me from High Hopes. Check out her store, you won't be disappointed.
I always get my Viva Decor from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design
If you stop by the store, check out her stamps, she also has a great selection.
Thanks for stopping top see the blog!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! It's good to see a post from you. Beautiful as always Colleen.

    ReplyDelete