Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's All About The ATCs!

It's been ATC madness in my craft room recently. I just finished three more sets of  ATCs for Jean's By The Number ATC swap on the Cricut Message Board. What made this challenge so much fun was that we picked numbers for the groups we were in, and our esteemed Hostess then gave us our assignments. I wasn't too sure of what I was going to do when I saw my themes. There was an option to request a different theme, but there was no way I was walking away from my themes! LOL! I am happy with my results and I hope my fellow swappers enjoy them, too!

Sadly, group 1 was full by the time I signed up, so I am in groups 2, 3 and 4. This is group 2. The theme is Standing Still. My first thought was to go with a picture of a lake, but then I stumbled across the picture I used. It is called Time Standing Still. Everything about this picture appealed to me. The quote is one of my favorites, "grow old along with me, the best is yet to be" I don't know where the quote originated, but for me, it's always going to be John Lennon's voice I hear when I see this quote. I associate the quote with my husband and family. We are blessed, and I am truly thankful to have my soul mate to grow old with. This ATC turned out to be very personal for me. I love the concrete clock in the fountain with Father Time, and the soft, muted colors on this picture. I cut small Peacocks from French Manor and corners from Picturesque on my Cricut in SEI blue velvet paper. I added a little bling to the Peacock with Platinum Stickles, and here is how they turned out.

Group 2-Standing Still

Group 3 had the theme Deep In Thought. Once again, what I started out with, is not the ATC that I finished with, LOL! I call my ATC, "I Wonder..."  Don't you think the little girl in the picture is lost in her thoughts? I used a scalloped nestability to crop the photo. A bow and a tiny heart complete the ATC. I went light on the embellishments on all my ATCs this round, I don't know why, I just did...

Group 3- Deep In Thought

We were offered a challenge within the challenge which we could do or just skip. The challenge was to make an ATC that would be personal for us. I know I said that my Time Standing Still card is personal to me, and it is, but I found the perfect personal Advertisement for my group 4. McCauley's Equine Formulas. The feed company with one focus, the horse. Yep, that's their motto! I love horses! I am a McCauley, through and through, so there you have it! It's all personal to me! LOL!

Group 4-Advertisement
Once again I went clean and simple. I printed out the feed company's logo, added some layers, a black velvet horse cut from my Cricut, (I think I used A County Life Cartridge for the cut) and finally, added some Viva Decor. I really like this one.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment