Monday, June 20, 2011

Cricut Weekly Challenge/ A Father's Day Card

Hi Friends and fellow crafters! Thanks for stopping by the blog today. With the end of school, Father's Day, several graduations and birthdays this month, June is exceptionally busy for me this year.  I have been neglecting my blog terribly. I have also been neglecting my paper challenge, so that K&Company paper collection is STILL not finished. I was in Michael's the other day and was drooling at the sight of the paper, but I still have paper left, so no paper for me!!! :(
I couldn't use it on any Father's Day cards, and the graduates are both young men, so the paper challenge waits as well as any paper that I may have been admiring in Michael's! I decided to participate in the Cricut Circle Challenge this week so here are the details:



Weekly Challenge #34: Father’s Day Card Sketch Challenge!

The Challenge: Get a head start on Father’s Day and create a greeting card using the sketch provided below. Have fun!

Rules and Guidelines: Circle Blog Challenges are open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include at least 2 Cricut Image Cuts. You must submit a project to be entered into the Challenge Prize Drawing. One entry per person, please.

How to Enter: Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. Please post your full name along with your entry. Entries are due by 9:00 pm MST on Thursday, June 23rd, 2011.

Prize: This week the winner may choose to have $25 added to their Cricut.com. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery from winner announcement.

Winner: The winner will be selected randomly from qualifying entries using www.random.org and will be announced on the Cricut Circle Blog on Friday, June 24th, 2011.
Here is my entry
The three cartridges I used for the card are Ornamental Iron for the gate background, Elegant Edges for the shape I stamped on, then on the inside I used a Pen Work cut from French Manor to add some interest to the sentiment inside. It's a very simple card because my DH is the clean and simple type!
The stamp sentiment on the front is from Verses Rubber Stamps and it's called Love and Magic. It's a very pretty sentiment and describes how I still feel about my DH after 30 years. It's a little blurry, but here is a close up of the stamped image.

 I used Basic Grey paper for the background color and Tim Holtz Lost and Found Paper for the base and the embellishment papers. I cut the shape from Elegant Edges and then stamped the sentiment on it. I printed For My Husband from my computer and then trimmed it to fit with a paper trimmer. I used American Crafts Metallic cardstock for the fence then slightly distressed it. I used Viva Decor to add the black accents to the saying and sentiment. On the inside of the card, I added the  Pen Works cut from French Manor cut in Black Velvet paper from SEI on the bottom of the sentiment. To give it a finished look, I used more Viva Decor to add the black accents on the corners.
My DH is a wonderful husband and father. He does not have it easy, with a disabled child, and he has his ailing Mother In Law living with him, yet he tells us everyday that he loves us and always is quick to be supportive of my crafty endeavors and everything I do. I try to express my gratitude  about how much I love and appreciate him, but I don't think there will ever be enough words for that. We have been together for 30 years now and I pray every day that we will be blessed with another 30 years to enjoy our life together.
Happy Father's Day to all the Husband's and Dad's out there!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Nice card! Good luck on the Challenge.
    I love your blog. Your Copics coloring is soooo good! Your blog background is really pretty too - I love red white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! :)

    I have a blog award for you on my page, just stop by to see it: http://www.paperandi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete