Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge Card


From The Krafty Girl Challenge Blog
Our hostess today is the rather witty Carole Burrage!! She has presented us with a challenge.....should you choose to accept this challenge, you will be asked to FINISH the inside of your card!! Personally, this is a HUGE challenge! I almost never finish the insides of my cards and I always marvel at the gorgeousness that others create. I love it when the inside looks as beautiful as the outside....I just never have enough time to do it!! haha!

We hope you'll join us for this week's challenge and if you use a
KKStamp on your design, you could be the random winner of the stamp used on Carole's gorgeous card!!! Which just happens to be.....JEANNIE, one of our NEW stamps!!

I was really excited to see this challenge because I have been concentrating on how I finish the inside of  my cards. I have been trying to add some beauty to the backs of my cards as well. I am entering one of the cards I created for my DH for our 21st wedding anniversary into the challenge. I used Raychel by artist Annie Rodrigue available at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps for my card. I colored her with Copics and used my Cricut Expression to cut the embellishments for the front. I created the sentiments using my computer. The papers are from K&Company  with an appearance on the hearts from the You're Berry Sweet Paper that I am still trying to finish! The music paper is from DCWV.
At least I have stayed true to my self imposed paper ban! It has been a long spring and summer seeing all those great new paper stacks available in Michael's! LOL! By the time I finally finish using up the papers in the blasted Berry Sweet collection, all the papers I was drooling over will be on clearance!
This is the inside of my card

I blanked out the personal information to preserve my Hubby's reputation! LOL! The border is Anna Griffin Paper Ribbon. It's been sitting on my craft table since well before Christmas and it made for a great addition to the card. I added skittles to the corner of the sentiment to dress it up a little.

It's been so long since I've entered a challenge and this was the perfect one to join in on because of my love of all things Kraftin' Kimmie!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and I love that you finished off the inside of the card, so congrats for entering that challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO adorable! Love all the hearts! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete