Thursday, November 24, 2011

Cricut Blog Weekly Challenge

.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Friends and Fellow Crafters! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! On a day when we are all so thankful for the amazing gifts life gives us, our families, friends, the gift of laughter, love and health. I am also thankful for the gift of creativity. I am the only one of my family and friends who crafts, so I am thankful for the crafting community that I discovered through the world of blogs and message boards. It's a world full of inspiration and wonderful people that enjoy sharing ideas and support.
3-=Weekly Challenge #45: Run for the Border Challenge!
The Challenge: Borders can be simple & sweet, elegantly detailed, masculine, or playful . . . and they can be that perfect final touch to add to your project. We want you to make a run for the border . . . your Cricut Borders, that is. Create a projects of your choice and include a Cricut Border cut somewhere on your project. Be sure to include atleast 2 Total Cricut Image Cuts on your project.
Rules and Guidelines: Circle Blog Challenges are open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include atleast 2 Cricut Image Cuts. You must submit a project to be entered into the Challenge Prize Drawing. One entry per person, please.
How to Enter: Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. Please post your full name along with your entry. Entries are due by 9:00 pm MST on Thursday, November 24th, 2011.
Prize: We will select one winner to receive $25 in credit added to their Cricut.com account. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery from winner announcement.
Winner: The winners will be selected randomly from qualifying entries using www.random.org and will be announced on the Cricut Circle Blog on Friday, November 25th, 2011.
This is a short post today. I wanted to enter this week's Circle Challenge and had a great idea for my submission, unfortunately, it was taking a little longer than I hoped, and I knew last night that I would not finish it in time. Back when the Imagine was introduced by PC, I didn't think I wanted or needed it, it turns out I was wrong. It's a great machine that is loads of fun to play with. Here is my submission for challenge


The Details:
Imagine Machine
Carts:
Santa's Village Imagine Cart, Imagine Basic Shapes, Elegant Edges
Joys Of The Season, Christmas Cheer
The Extras
Kraft Paper, Paper from my stash, Rub-on sentiments,
Stickles, Distress Inks
"Inchie"

The card started as my playing with Santa's Village to see what the paper looks like I took a basic shape from the Imagine and printed it green. Then I made the shape slightly smaller and printed the Merry Christmas Paper. I printed out Santa in layers. I love this cut, he reminds me of the old Coke Santa. I used some stickles to outline the cuts. I used the border from Elegant Edges for my border as required in the challenge. The sentiment is a rub-on from Little Yellow Bicycle that has been around in my stash for a couple of years! I thought it looked nice over the border.

Does anyone from the Circut boards who might be stopping by remember the Inchie swapping madness? That is where the two embellies on the card are from. The Santa Hat is made by me. I used  Joys Of The Season for the Santa hat and Christmas Cheer for the inchie square. I really wish I knew3 who made the second scalloped square inchie. It only had a number on the back. I have held on to my inchies and every so often break them out to use on a card or page. So thank you to the Cricut crafter who created this inchie! LOL!

The inside if the card is a cut from Elegant Edges. I printed a computer created sentiment on the smaller cut and then kept my fingers crossed that the cut would be centered on the Imagine. It wasn't the first two times, but I got it right the 3rd time. The flower is from my stash.


Here is a close up of Santa.

I love how this card turned out. I can tell just from playing around with Santa's Village that it is going to be a favorite!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Thank you for following me and for all your blogs that I visit for inspiration!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Crafting!
Colleen


4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Col! Love the card! Did you get my email last week? Love ya girl!

    BTW- I definitely remember the inchie madness! I still have scads of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Colleen. I think I met you because of the inchies! I still have mine and do the same thing - they show up on cards, or as "postage" when I hand deliver my card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...love how combined papers with the images from santa's village...never did inchies though...no patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guard all-inclusive findings, distinctive research adored delivers neatly getting this item issue, called as and also additional most of these carefully.

    ReplyDelete