Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Some Halloween Fun

Hi Friends and fellow Crafters!
I know these are a few days late, but I wanted to share a couple of Halloween projects that I made. Back a few posts, I entered a couple of cupcake treat boxes in the cuttlebug challenge on the Cricut Circle blog. I loved them so much that I made these fun treat boxes for my son's class at school for Halloween. If you have a Cricut and do not own  Sweet Tooth Boxes I highly recommend this cartridge. I am always sending something into school or to my Mom's friends, so this really comes in handy for packaging them in fun ways.
I like that you don't have to only put cupcakes in them, either.



 One of my son's classmates cannot eat solid foods, but I know he can have Yogurt. I was able to make him a treat box and put a Yoplait in it for a near perfect fit. Sorry for the sloppy picture, I didn't realize the holder was not flat. I fixed it right before I left to deliver them to the class. Isn't the bat fun? He was easy to put together. I used the bat from Hello Kitty Greetings, hid the contours and resized the wings. After the wings were cut, I did the same thing again only this time I resized his nose and eyes. For his fangs, I just hand cut a couple of triangles. I made the bow with the cuts from the Ghosts. Here is the original post for anyone interested. I am already working on the Thanksgiving design for the next batch of cupcakes. LOL!
I also wanted to make a little something for my neighbor's 8 year old son and this is what I came up with.

It was hard to get a good picture of the container. I used an empty Utz Pretzel Rod container and added some cuts from Mini Monsters and Bump In The Night. I filled it with some candy, hot wheels, popcorn and a card.
The card is my favorite. I saw a card with the sentiment Greetings From Your Closet on page 64 of September's Cardmaker magazine. I thought the Greeting was adorable and it was perfect for the Bump In The Night cartridge monsters.
I used a door from the Wildcard Cartridge and added some glitter to the panels. Since it was a Halloween card, I wanted to grunge it up a little, so I used Gold Crackle Paint and brushed it over the glitter and door. I cut a sign from Freshly Picked, then made some cuts into it and ran it through the vagabond. I distressed it and used distress ink to age it. The word Greetings is cut from Winter Woodland. I cut all the monsters from Bump In The Night. I really love that cartridge.

The inside of the card is also Bump In The Night. The sentiment actually says "In your closet" but I altered it by cutting the word "In" off and adding "From" to the phrase. I found the word on the Sentimentals cartridge. I added a bat sticker that I had in my stash to cover the hole left by the word "In". I didn't sign the card from us, but did address the card to our neighbor's son. I added a "wall" to the back of the card, just to make it look like the door is in a room. I also used distress ink on that, too.


My neighbor knew immediately where the bucket came from, as did her son.  I think the handmade card gave me away!
I hope everyone that celebrates Halloween had a fun day!
Now it's time to take down the decorations and get ready for Thanksgiving, It's so hard to believe how fast this year has gone.....
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

7 comments:

  1. OMGosh, those Halloween boxes are fabulous!!!! I love that the yogurt fit in there! How clever and thoughtful!

    Adorable card-- from your closet text is perfect!

    Yes, it is hard to believe how fast it has gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen -

    Great projects - and the yogurt holder is absolutely terrific! Great idea! I love your card too and fully concur with Nadia's comment on the text!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohno, I commented but it disappeared!

    I love the cute closet card - too stinkin cute! And the treat boxes are great especially the little green guys. FAB work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable!!

    Thank you for the comment on my Stocking! I am a follower now!!

    Threading the machine is the hardest part to me and what stopped me from using it. Now that I have bought pre-filled bobbins and am able to thread successfully I am much more willing to use the machine! Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fabulous! Now who would've thought to put it some yogurt? Very clever girl! Great ideas. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those cupcake holders...I have one word for you...ENABLER!! lol They were soooooo cute and I love how you adapted the one for the boy who couldn't eat solid foods! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this cupcake really mind blowig!!!!


    Custom Logo Design

    ReplyDelete