Thursday, January 5, 2012

Weekly Challenge #48: Creative Resolutions for 2012 Challenge!




Weekly Challenge!

Every other week join us for “Challenge Friday” where we will announce a new creative challenge. We want you to feel inspired to use your supplies in new ways. Have fun with it! Check back often to see the beautiful entries from your Circle Friends . . . you are sure to leave with a desire to get cutting!

Weekly Challenge #48: Creative Resolutions for 2012 Challenge!

The Challenge: Whenever the New Year rolls around, we tend to do a little self-evaluation and decide what we want to do differently in the year to come. For the challenge this week, we want you to think about your CREATIVE resolutions and record them in some way. Do you want to stretch your creativity in new ways? Maybe you want to try a new hobby or learn something new. Maybe you want to simplify. Whatever it is, get those goals down on paper! Jennifer Yates has a sample of her project below.
Rules and Guidelines: Circle Blog Challenges are open to Cricut Circle Members only. Your project must be newly created for this challenge and include at least 2 Cricut Image Cuts. You must submit a project to be entered into the Challenge Prize Drawing. One entry per person, please.
How to Enter: Submit your entry using the InLinkz tool found at the bottom of this post. Please post your full name along with your entry. Entries are due by 9:00 pm MST on Thursday, January 5th, 2012.
Prize: We will select one winner to receive $25 in credit added to their Cricut.com account. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery from winner announcement.
Winner: The winners will be selected randomly from qualifying entries using www.random.org and will be announced on the Cricut Circle Blog on Friday, January 5th, 2012.

Hi friends and fellow crafters! I decided last minute to enter the weekly challenge at the Circle Blog this week. I have a few crafty resolutions and one of them is to enter the blog challenges as often as I can. I would also like to try to get a project published in one of the many magazines I subscribe to. I think that would be a blast! My biggest resolution is to Use My Stash! I have waaaay too much stuff.  I created this 12x12 scrapbook page in honor of the first round of Using My Stash 2012 thread at the Circle. I participated in two rounds last year and loved it. It kept me within a budget and I found I was very inspired by my fellow participants. When January 1st came around, we decided to start a new round and have some very talented crafters enjoying creating great projects with our stash.


All the paper is from K&Company. I have had this stack for so long, that the cover fell off, so I don't even know what line it's from! LOL!
I used my Gypsy to design the page, The letters are from Kate's ABCs, the copic marker, scissors, glitter bottle and the fun phrase on the picture are from Cricut Everyday. The heart mat is from Elegant Edges. The journaling mat is from Paper Trimmings.


I'm sorry about the blurry picture, my camera was not co-operating this evening. I just had to point out that Paper Hoarder phrase. It is so me!


I love the little copic marker! I have many of them in my stash and enjoy using them as much as I can!

I am thinking I might want to make a couple of more resolution pages since this one was so much fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Happy Crafting!
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. It’s great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! A layout to honor using your stash! Fabulous idea! I am using my stash, too! Thanks for the layout idea!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete