Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Here, Kitty Kitty!


Hi Friends and Fellow Crafters!

Today I am sharing this fun little project I created using the Cricut Craft Room. Any current members of the Cricut Circle who renewed for this year have been given access to all the Cricut Craft Room files for the month of August to try for free. I am taking the opportunity to cut many of the images they offer and hopefully I will be able create some fun projects with them. Even if you aren't a Circle Member, Provo Craft has been offering weekly trials of different files. You can check this week's freebies out here. When you log in to the CCR, it will show up under "My Cartridges".

As I started checking out the cuts I came across Movable Monsters and knew I had to try these out. I adore anything Halloween and on top of that, there's a cat! Can you tell I also adore anything feline related. LOL!
Putting it together took some figuring out, but lucky for me a Cricut Circle friend made a cool Mummy and the Skeleton, you have to check them out!  Rockin Renee  has a great blog with lots of fun challenges and tutorials. I based putting my cat together from her creations.

Materials:
CCR and Expression 2
CCR exclusive Movable Monsters
DCWV Glitzy Glitter Stack Black (for cat), Silver (for nose and ears)
 and Green (for the collar)
Green cardstock from my stash for base
Small Brads
Pop Dots

Here is my little scary kitty creation.


OK, he's huge! I didn't think to pay close attention to how big it was going to be after assembled, but standing, it's about 9.5 inches from ears to feet! Putting it together was a snap. Since it was test cut, I used some bright green cardstock for the base layer. It worked well where the cat's eyes are concerned, but the next time, I think I will stick with black cardstock on everything but the head. I used pop dots on all the top layers on the cat and pierced the areas where I planned on putting the head, tail and legs.


Side view of leg with brad

Pierced and added brads on the green cardstock for the 1 back paw and one front paw

pierced and added brads through the top layer for the cats head, tail and other paws
 
Fully assembled



I love how he turned out! I can't wait to try the rest of the monsters real soon!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Happy Crafting!
Colleen


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am totally impressed with your Halloween cat. Love the colors and glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cat. Love the sparkly paper you chose.

    ReplyDelete