Friday, December 14, 2012

A Special 50th Birthday Card


 Hi Friends and Fellow Crafters! My girlfriends and I have all turned 50 over this past year. A half century, who could believe it? We celebrated the final birthday for the year last weekend. My girlfriend, Gemma loves antiques and this is where I decided would be my starting point for her card. She is not a flowery type of person, so I went with an art deco feel for her card. I bet you can't guess which Cricut Cartridge I used? LOL! This whole card is from Art Deco. It's a larger card, almost 6 inches, but I wanted it to be big. After all, 50 is a big birthday!

Everything is from my stash. The card didn't photograph well because I used left over Recollections silver foil paper and it kept reflecting back at my little point and shoot digital camera. I cut the woman with SEI velvet paper, and added some bling to her using Platinum Stickles. Sorry for the awful pictures! The card is much prettier in person!


The background paper is Graphic 45, which is a perfect match for the Art Deco Cartridge and cuts. The turquoise paper is from my Stampin' Up stash which has to be at least 3-4 years old. I cut the background in the foil, black and turquoise and used the negatives to  design the card. The corners are also from the hexagon cut. I used glossy accents on all the corners for some interest.


Again, another not so perfect picture. I computer printed the sentiment in vellum from my stash. and used the rest of the cuts from the front of the card.

Of course the 50th Birthday Banner made it's last appearance! It's through four of us! It started making the rounds last March for my girlfriend, Colleen's Birthday, then Colleen brought it back for my birthday, we used it again in June for Elaine's birthday and now, finally Gemma's. Each time after our party, I would give the name section of the banner to the birthday girl for a keepsake.


One last picture today. Our present to her was a Kindle Fire, which she loved! Here is our happy birthday girl! We have been friends since 1976 and have been through so many good and bad times together over the years. I am so blessed to have her and my other friends in my life. They are my sisters and I know that no matter what happens, they are always there for me, as I am for each of them.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Happy Crafting!
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. I love your card. It is so elegant with the choice of colors and die cut (LOVE Art Deco). lol about the photo comment - one only has to look at the rest of your work to know that it is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Col! The banner is awesome. I am so jealous of her gift-LOL. BTW- My 50th is next June:)

    ReplyDelete