Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Very Special Card For A Very Special Friend

Hi friends and fellow crafters! A very special friend was celebrating her 70th Birthday. I needed to make a card for her and I wanted it to be as unique as she is. I have been enjoying using my Art Deco Cartridge lately for cards, so I grabbed my Gypsy and went to work. Here is what I came up with.


It is really hard to see in the pictures, but the DCWV Glitzy Glitter Papers really make this card pop. I kept the design simple and let the papers and glamour girl take center stage. Everything is from my stash! I cut the glamour girl at 2.10 x 3.47. The mat is also from Art Deco and is cut at 3.50 x 4.99. I used black cardstock for the base of the card and I used black metallic cardstock for the layer. I used the glitzy glitter paper for the 1st 2 layers of the sentiment and printed the birthday sentiment on gold metallic paper. The metallic papers are from Paper Temptress and are just beautiful in person. Pictures do this card no justice, It is very sparkly!


I added some Jolee's Crystals on the card and used a Martha Stewart punch for the border underneath the glamour girl.

The card was part of a card shower that was presented to her on her birthday. What a wonderful idea for a birthday surprise.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. If you would like to learn how to create an Easel card like the one here, stop by next week during National Scrapbooking Day when I'll have a tutorial posted.
 
Happy Crafting!
Colleen

Designed by: Colleen McCauley
Designed and Cut Using: Cricut Gypsy and Cricut Anniversary Expression 2
Cartridges Used: Art Deco
Other Materials: DCWV Glitzy Glitter Paper, Black Cardstock, Metallic Black and Gold Cardstock, Martha Stewart Punch, Jolee's Crystals and Adhesives

No comments:

Post a Comment