Monday, April 1, 2013

Just Keep Swimming


Hi friends and fellow crafters! Today I am sharing another layout that I created with the new Cricut Circle Cartridge, Animal Antics. This is my 2nd project for a challenge at the message boards to create a project a month using a Circle Cartridge.

This layout features my nephews, Matt and Dave swimming with my Dad in our pool. We spent many a hot summer day in the yard having fun by the pool. My Dad adored all 5 of his grandsons and it shows in this picture!

I cut the fish at almost 3 inches. They are really cute. I used Ranger Glossy Accents to give the snorkeling mask a wet look. I also added a skittle at the top of each fish for the air bubble. I doodled on the snorkel. I popped them all up with Pop Dots.

 
The phrase is 3.5 x 5 inches.  I also used the Ranger Glossy Accents on the mask in the phrase, too.


I used some rub ons that I have had sitting around forever. I used one that said, "No Matter What Happens" to start my title. I cut the paper to look like a pennant. I added 4 skittles to it and used pop dots to raise the center of it.

I had some fun with my Washi Tape. It is everywhere! I ran a piece across the bottom and above the fish. I made pennants across the top of my page with it too. I saw the technique before, but can't remember where. You might notice a little dot on the title pennant, that is my son's contribution to my layout. He picked up a small piece of Washi Tape and stuck it on the pennant. I just left it be.

 
The circles were welded in the Cricut Craft Room. I used them for interest and added a rub-on that says "You Color My World" on the last circle.
 
The cardstock is the new Cricut Paper Collection, with the exception of the paper that I cut the circle from and the turquoise strip that runs down the layout. The orange polka dot paper is from Close To My Heart Dotty For You Collection. The turquoise paper is from Recollections. I have to say, the Cricut cardstock cuts really smooth. I give it 2 thumbs up!
 
Thank you stopping by my blog today!
 
Happy Crafting!
Colleen
 
Designed by: Colleen McCauley
Machine used: Cricut Mini
Created in the Cricut Craft Room
Cartridge used: Animal Antics and Craft Room Basics
Other Materials: Cricut Cardstock, CTMH Dotty For You Paper, Recollections Cardstock, Ranger Glossy Accents, Washi Tape, Rub-ons, Skittles, Pop Dots

3 comments:

  1. absolutely adorable! Those fishies are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love the cuts and colors with your photo!

    I showed Piper and she actually gasped when she saw those fish!!! I guess I will need to open the cartridge soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute!! I love it all~the washi strips, the colors and most of all the fish.

    ReplyDelete