Thursday, May 9, 2013

Circleville NSD Challenge: On Pins

Hi friends and fellow crafters! If you are here for my Easel Card Challenge follow this link.

Here is a challenge that finally puts all my pinning to good use. I wish blogger had smileys to insert here. LOL! The ultra talented Sis from Paper, Craft and Scissors has challenged us to try something new from Pinterest. Her blog is a great place to visit for some crafty inspiration! Stop on by when you get a chance!

I decided to try this type of layout that I found via Pinterest that led me to this blog, Casa De Ge. This blogger has some great layouts. What I liked about this technique was that you are supposed to be looking out a plane window. I didn't have a picture with a wing for my aerial picture, but I liked the way the layout turned out anyway. So what makes this a new technique for me? The windows are directly cut into the paper and the picture is also cut. Simple, right? Well, not so much for me. I went through 3 pieces of nice cardstock before I got the size right. Now, most crafters would have used a piece of scrap for a test cut, but that's not how I roll. I made good with one of the papers I left three gaping holes in by using it as a mat for the layout. The other paper is now becoming a card. At least it all ended well. LOL!


I printed a 5x7 picture that we took when we were leaving St. Croix to use for the layout. I was sure it would fit the windows, but once again, the picture was a tiny bit too short for the windows. That was when a light bulb finally came on and I cut the picture into three pieces. Duh! The picture above was how it looked when I tested it and was thrilled that it finally fit! I adhered the picture much neater and attached it to the layout. Here is my version of the Pinterest layout.


I cut the background using my Cricut. The window shapes are from Art Philosophy. The clouds are also cut with my Cricut using April Showers. The butterfly is from Spring Cottage. I printed "Yesterday is a" using my computer. Explore is a wood sticker from a Pink Paislee. I used some Washi Tape and a chipboard sticker on the bottom of the layout. The three tags on the top are from October Afternoon as is the brad in the cloud that says "Blue Skies". I attempted to do that splash thing that everyone does on layouts these days. I am not sure how I like it, but it's there, so I can't change it now. I doodled around the windows with my shaky hand. LOL!

The background paper is Little Yellow Bicycle and the plane window if from K & Company. Everything is from my stash!

I am very excited that I completed yet another NSD project! I hope to get at least one more done over the next couple of days!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Happy Crafting!
Colleen

2 comments: